3M Scotch® Light Duty Packaging Tape 610 Clear Heat Resistant, 2 in x 72 yd, 12 per box 2 boxes per case Bulk
- Natural rubber resin adhesive sticks to a wide variety of surfaces
- Offers heat resistance of up to 300ºF
- Designed for sealing cardboard boxes, securing envelope flaps and splicing applications
- Tears easily by hand, so no applicator is necessary
- Backing resists moisture, abrasion and scuffing to hold strong
Choosing the Right Packaging Tape
Scotch® Packaging Tapes are available in a variety of lengths, strengths and thicknesses. So how do you know which tape is right for you? There are a number of factors to consider when choosing the right packaging tape:
- Note the weight of your package. The heavier the package, the thicker the tape should be.
- Consider how the package is going to be shipped. If the package is travelling a long distance, or will be handled by many people, choose one with higher tensile strength and percent elongation, so the box stays closed even if dropped.
- Examine your shipping container. While general use tapes work well on popular single wall corrugated cardboard containers and regular slotted containers (RSC), more and more cardboard boxes have higher recycled content. This recycled corrugate content, as well as corrugate with double or triple walls, needs a tape with an adhesive designed specifically for this recycled content. Further, it needs a high adhesion to ensure the box sticks securely and stays sealed throughout the shipping chain.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.
|Adhesion Strength|| 35 oz/in|
|Adhesion Strength (metric)|| 38 N/100mm|
|Adhesive Type|| Synthetic Rubber|
|Backing Material|| Cellophane|
|Backing Thickness|| 1.4 mil|
|Backing Thickness (metric)|| 0.036 mm|
|Consumer Label|| Yes|
|Core Size|| 3|
|Elongation|| 15 Percent|
|Industries|| Food and Beverage, General Industrial, Consumer Goods|
|Length|| 72 Linear Yard|
|Length (Metric)|| 65.83 m|
|Performance Level|| High Performance|
|Product Form|| Roll|
|Tape Thickness|| 2.3 Milli-inch (mil)|
|Tensile Strength|| 23 lb/in|
|Tensile Strength (metric)|| 402 N/100mm|
|Width|| 2 Inch|
|Width (Metric)|| 50.8 mm|