3M™ resin insulated splicing kits are designed for indoor, outdoor (weather exposed),
direct buried or submersed applications. 3M brand Scotchcast™ Resins are 100%
solids, electrical grade, hydrolytically stable insulating resins. Their unique electrical
and physical properties make them ideal for insulating and protecting electrical/
electronic pars and assemblies. Their physical features also make them suitable for
non-electrical, general use applications, for example as adhesives or sealants.
A Safe, Clean, Simple & Reliable Joint Solution
• High quality range of resins for low and medium voltage applications
• Unique Patented Close Mixing and Pouring (CMP) system
• Transparent Moud for better control of the job
• Resin packed in transparent 2-chamber mixing bags
• Approvals according to VDE 0291 part 2
3M™ Scotchcast™ Resin Joints offer a high degree of mechanical strength for physical protection of connections and moisture-resistant insulation in above ground or direct burial applications.
• Utilizes a “bulge“ type mould
• Features Scotchcast™ 460M polyurethane resin
• Meets VDE 0278, BS 6910
• 90A series are ideal for armoured cables
• Tough and moisture-proof
• Long lasting physical and electrical protection
• All kits include tape for insulating ferrules and sealing mould ends
• Tried and tested for over 30 years
• 3M worldwide quality guarantee
Low Voltage Range
The new body design is based on a completely new hinged, one-part joint body that allows resin to be sealed inside the mould without the use of mastic and tape - it does this by using an expanding foam seal.
Resin Systems Selection Chart
The new Scotchcast resin, fully compliant with EU legislation, has hydrophobic property which makes it perfect for a use in presence of
water and proposed in bag with a pouring nozzle, which represents, one step less in the preparation process.